So, this week has been a long one. On Tuesday we received the results of our Quad Screen. To our surprise, it was + for Downs Syndrome. Before having the test completed, we knew there was a high false positive rate, but the nurse in me just needed to have it done. Still trying not to worry (yah right), we were scheduled to have a high definition ultrasound in the Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic. The very next day, I helped with a very sad delivery and to top it off, my grandmother passed away that very evening! What a doozy! Anyway, today we were able to get in to Dr. Zimmer for our ultrasound. Initially we were told our odds were 1:5 for having Downs. After our ultrasound was completed our odds changed to 1:17. Our little guy ... yes we are having a boy!!! ... looked great and seemed to be measuring as he should. That was somewhat of a relief, but the new problem they are worried about is my placenta ... it looks like "swiss cheese". That was literally the explanation the Dr. gave us. She mentioned that with a placenta that looks like this I am at risk for developing preeclampsia and having an SGA baby. Wow ... at that time all these thoughts were rushing through my head about the babies we have in the NICU. Ugh! Dr. Zimmer wants to see us back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound to make sure he is growing appropriately. So, we left not feeling too reassured, but we continue to pray that everything will be ok and God will take care of us. We just want to say thank you to all of our family and friends for being so supportive! We are so blessed to have you all in our lives! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! XOXOX

Look at that profile!

He was not being very cooperative ... he was moving around like crazy and would not move his hands away from his face!
Stinker!!
Hey Emily! Sorry to hear about your string of bad news, but I am positive it will be okay! I saw you made a comment on Carissa's blog, I am not sure if you knew we were good friends & Amy too! You look great & it sounds like you have your priorities in order. We will be praying for you and your family. Congrats! Boys are FABULOUS!
ReplyDeleteEm, what a cutie! I can't wait to meet this little guy and love on him. I hate to hear you recieved some unsettling news and are still left hanging. I've definitely been there (with Dr Zimmer and most likely the same MFM room) and my heart is heavy for you. For me, I just took it one day (and one kick ;) at a time. Love this little guy with all you have and trust that God had a perfect plan :)
ReplyDelete