Wednesday, April 14, 2010

6 Months!

Gabe turned 6 months old this past Sunday! We visited our pediatrician today ... Gabe is doing amazingly well! He weighed ... are you ready for this? ...

17 lbs 4 oz (51%)!!!
He was 26 in (36%)!!

She thought, developmentally, he is pretty much right on ... not quite sitting up like a term 6 month old, but we are close!! We discussed his dislike of rice cereal. No big deal, we are going to skip right over it and go to stage 1 baby food! Yay!! He is definitely teething, 2 or 3 are coming in. Yikes!

I noticed over the weekend that Gabe had either a hydrocele or an inguinal hernia. We were unable to find it today, but she referred us to a pediatric surgeon to have a better look. : ( Unfortunately, hernias are VERY common in preemies, so she thought it was pretty likely that he has one and it would have to be surgically corrected. Oh well!

Gabe is changing DAILY! He is babbling more and more. He started this noise that sounds like a lion ... it's pretty cute!! We are working on sitting up. He loves playing with his toys (especially those with lights), reading books, taking walks in his stroller, and swinging in his swing. He is chewing on his fingers ALL the time. He still LOVES bath time and enjoys splashing mama :) He is so easy to put down for a nap or bedtime. He averages a 7-8 hour stretch at night, which works especially well on days I work because I'm able to nurse him before I leave. He doesn't know a stranger, and is almost always smiling. He is doing so much better in his car seat, which is a huge relief! Gabe is mainly wearing 3-6 month clothes, but can still wear 0-3 month onesies and can fit into a few 6-9 month things. I know I'm leaving things out, but you get the main idea! He is SOOOO much fun!

Gabe is having his 6 month pics taken by his auntie Brookie! Yay! We can't wait!


1 comment: