Friday, December 31, 2010

Colorado Christmas

This was the year for my sister to host Christmas ... in Colorado! No snow, but it was still beautiful!! On Christmas Eve, we had dinner at White Fence Farm, which was so delicious! Just like a home cooked meal! It is a really neat place, they even have animals for the kids to pet and feed. After dinner, we made our way through the trail of lights, totally AMAZING!!! We walked around the paths looking at all the pretty lights ... I've never seen so many! Once we got back to my sister's house, the kids were off to bed and the adults put out the rest of the gifts and set up the stockings for Christmas morning. It was so fun watching the kids open all their gifts ... it brought back lots of memories from my childhood :) We ate our traditional Christmas breakfast consisting of sausage egg casserole and butterscotch pecan rolls. My sister added a beautiful fruit salad to go along with it! Everything was so good! The rest of our time there we just hung out, played with kids, took long walks, and did a little shopping : ) We had a BLAST! Thanks for hosting Kerri & Garry!



I went a little overboard with the pics I chose for the post ...


My sister's tree was BEAUTIFUL! ... and of course I love the owl :)


Cameron ADORES Gabe, he is so stinkin cute with him. He was constantly making Gabe laugh!


Cameron is 7! I'm starting to feel old!


Austin is 5! He was just a little baby when we got married ... they are growing up way too fast!


Cameron was showing Gabe the Santa on the window ...


and this is what he was standing on!! Too funny!


Silly boys!


Miss Brinn is going to be 5 in February! She is all girl, except for her LOVE of Star Wars! That is all the kids played while we were there!


This is White Fence Farm, such a neat place!


It was pretty difficult to get a good picture of all the kids together ... you will see what I mean ....


Gabe was checking out the chickens ...


He loved them!


The Trail of Lights was so amazing! The pictures do not even do the lights justice. These pictures are only a small portion of the trail!














Christmas morning ... isn't the tree so pretty!




The stockings that my mom and my sister found are adorable!


Just a tad spoiled :)


Waiting on the stairs to see what Santa brought!


The 3 BIG kids


OK, so this is what I meant when I said it was difficult to get a good picture of all the kids together ...


One of my favorites!


At one point or another, all the kids were crying ... Except Cameron. The out takes are pretty funny!


The lighting is horrible, but we did the best we could : (




4 comments:

  1. wow lady, your low-lighting photography is pretty much incredible! love seeing your sweet family at christmas. also: i need pictures of YOU, mama! i MISS you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Emily...Those pictures were incredible. That lens did some justice but really it takes an amazing person behind the camera too. I can't wait for you to shoot some photos for me! My favorite one was the one of the 4 of them walking. I cried when I saw it. Great job. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily, internet stalking you to see how Christmas went. :) Looks like you had a great time celebrating with family.

    ReplyDelete