Friday, August 5, 2011

New Big Boy Room

It has been fun redesigning Gabe's room!  We ordered his toddler bed online, he isn't quite ready for it (well, maybe I'm not ready) ... but Adam put it together last weekend and it is so cute!  We bought him a new dresser and bookcase at Ikea, which really tie everything together!  The only other thing I need to find is a large bean bag to replace his rocker (which will go in the new nursery).  It makes me sad to move it out of his room because we still use it to read our books and say our prayers at night, but there is just no room for it :(  I'm excited to make his bedding!  We bought him a comforter from Ikea, so I'm going to make a duvet cover for it.  I'm also going to make a quilt for him and maybe some curtains.  



 I love the bench at the end of the bed, I know Gabe will love it!

We turned his bookcase on its side!  It looks great ... I'm going to find some canvas boxes to put some toys in and the other shelves are for his books.

 These are the fabrics we chose!  I can't wait to order them and get started!  I want to paint the wall that had his "G" a bright color, but I haven't decided which one :)


I'll post more pictures as the room comes together!  I have more ideas for artwork and accessories! 




2 comments:

  1. Love your choices! You have an eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, wait a minute...I didn't know about #2!?!? Yay for you! That's so exciting. Gabe will be such a great big brother. I know it's hard to make those transitions into toddler beds & moving the rocker out, but it's exciting too. Instead of rocking Ty as I read his bedtime story, I enjoy kneeling by his bedside as we flip through the book together. So many new & fun memories coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete