Thursday, August 4, 2011

No. 2

That's right ... we are expecting baby number 2!!  We are thrilled to be adding to our family and can't wait to see what the future has in store for us!  I am 15 weeks and 3 days today.  Our due date is January 24th.  This pregnancy has pretty much been the same as the first.  I felt nauseous all day everyday for the first 12 weeks and now I'm battling headaches, which will hopefully go away soon :)  We have our 20 week ultrasound on September 2nd ... I'm so anxious, I just want to know that she is healthy.  Oh, that's right, we kind of already know what we are having!  It's a GIRL!!!  My MD offered me a new, simple screening because my blood type is O negative.  I just had to have my blood drawn and that was it!  The screening detects fetal blood type in order to determine if rhogam will be needed.  A double bonus is that it detects gender from the DNA.  They still call the results "predictive", but they haven't been wrong yet : )  And, she has a positive blood type, which means lovely rhogam again for me ... yuck :(  Oh, well ... whatever it takes!!

So, that is our happy news!
I'll do more updates later with some pictures hopefully :)


2 comments: