Saturday, September 17, 2011

21 Week recheck

Ok, our 21+ week follow up did not go as we had hoped.  My OB examined me and was unable to see the growth on my cervix, which means it is completely enclosed on the inside.  This poses a problem because the growth will most likely continue to grow, possibly dilating my cervix and sending me into preterm labor.  It is really an unknown ... we've stumped my OB once again!  What is it with me and weird pregnancy stuff?!  LOL  Anyway, I'm not going to complain ... baby is healthy and I know it could be SOOOO much worse.  So, we are just taking it day by day, appointment by appointment, and praying a lot :)  We go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound to measure the growth and the length of my cervix.  We will also start our progesterone injections (which insurance doesn't cover!!!  RIDICULOUS, right???!!!) I will be more prone to cramping and bleeding, so any of that and I was instructed to call my OB immediately.  Hopefully being on my feet at work for 12 hours will be ok once I'm further a long, but I guess we will see!  Baby had a great heartbeat, music to our ears!  My blood pressure and weight are great and I measured right on track.  Baby girl is moving like crazy too!  I don't remember Gabe moving this much!  Adam was able to feel her for the first time last Sunday, 9,11 ... she was going crazy!!  The nursery is starting to come along ... we've painted and Adam put crown molding up.  My dad is painting the baby furniture white, looks great so far!  I'll post pictures soon :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm really happy to hear that she is doing well!! I will continue to pray for only good things as you go through this pregnancy! Hopefully that silly growth will not cause any problems for you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the little lady is right on track.

    ReplyDelete