Friday, September 2, 2011

Our Big Ultrasound!

We had our first BIG ultrasound today ... I was so excited, but I have to admit I was slightly nervous too.  I just wanted our sweet baby to be healthy, so we put all of our trust and faith in the Lord and He took care of us!  Baby measured right on date, 19 weeks and 3 days.  As the ultrasound tech was going over each body system I was silently checking off a list in my head ... normal brain development (check) ... 4 chamber heart (check) ... normal spine (check) ... 3 vessel cord (check), normal stomach, kidneys, and so on ... (check, check, check)  Huge sigh of relief!   We also have double confirmation that our baby is a GIRL! We are so thrilled!  My placenta is also normal, no swiss cheese!  Yay!  The only issue I have now is an abnormal growth on my cervix called a polyp.  Never had one before, not sure why it is there, but it poses a problem ... If it continues to grow it will dilate my cervix and send me into preterm labor.  Fabulous.  SOOOO, my Dr. decided to start weekly progesterone injections to help prevent preterm labor and she will also attempt to remove the polyp if she can see it on a pelvic exam.  They are usually benign, so we will continue to pray.  Sounds wonderful, huh?! We have to go back in 2 weeks for the exam/hopeful removal and teaching for the progesterone injections.  Adam is going to see if he is comfortable giving them to me, if not, I might have to hit up my close friends LOL
We feel so blessed to be experiencing another pregnancy and we are looking forward to meeting our baby girl ... (hopefully no earlier than at least 36 weeks :) )  We uploaded our ultrasound video ... not as high tech as the ones we had with Gabe, but you can still see her profile and her hands, feet, arms, and legs!  Oh, we are smitten ...



3 comments:

  1. She is so very pretty!!! Wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! Just keep the faith (as I know you will) and it will all work out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that video!!! SO glad you are having a girl...I'm prepping Layton or Colton already so we can have a BIG Johnson Wedding!!! I'm praying this all goes smooth and I know God will take care of you and that beautiful girl. You are such an amazing momma!

    ReplyDelete