Abby is changing daily. She is just the sweetest baby, hardly ever cries. About 2 weeks ago, she seemed more fussy and wasn't eating as well. She had her first runny nose, thanks to poor Gabe who picked his up at church. I took her to see her pediatrician, and to my surprise, she had her first ear infection :( I was so upset. I kept thinking how little she was. My pediatrician wanted me to take her to have a blood culture and a CBC drawn just to be sure we weren't missing something due to her age. The tears just started streaming down my face, pregnancy hormones partly, but I just couldn't imagine this sweet little baby, MY baby, having to be stuck with a needle(s). Anyway, we went to IU North ... doused her paci with sweet ease, one stick, and we were done. Thank the Lord! They were wonderful there and Abby did really well, only screaming briefly. So, 10 days of amoxicillin are completed and she is back to her old self. Sweet, smily, quiet, and snuggly!
She is pretty much sleeping through the night, which made me a little anxious at first. I would wake her up to feed her ... I know, right?! What was I thinking??!! Well, at this age, I HAD to feed Gabe every 3 hours through the night, regardless. So, this is just a little different for me ... but trust me, I'm getting quite used to it :) She has been going 6-8 hours and even when she wakes up she still isn't crying. She just makes her little noises that wake me up. Oh how blessed we are!
She is smiling more and more. She will try to mimic our "Aagoos", so adorable! She is holding her head up so well too. I have been sitting her in her Bumbo seat for short periods through out the day and she loves it! She loves being on her tummy and sucking on her hands. She also loves rubbing her face back and forth on our shoulders when we snuggle, almost as if she wants to barry herself in your neck ... ahhh, one of my favorites!
She made her first road trip to Nashville, TN to see my sister and family! 4 hrs and hardly a peep out of her both ways! She did great while she was there, just like she was at home. So grateful, because we will be spending a lot of time there!

This was a few weeks ago ...
Such a good big brother!!
8 Weeks old!
She has the same strawberry blonde hair that Gabe had :)
Annnd she's over it :) Time to eat!



How precious!
ReplyDelete