Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birthday Planning ...

We have finally decided on themes for Gabe's and Abby's birthday parties!  I'm going to try very hard to stay on top of things so I'm not rushing around at the last minute.

GABE'S 3rd BIRTHDAY BACKYARD CAMPOUT:
As much as I'd love to treat every birthday like the "1st", I can't.  It just gets to be extremely expensive.  I hope to have a BIG bash every few years.  So, this year we are going to have a small party in our backyard.  Still make it extra special, but not have the hefty price of a venue and the stress of setting up/decorating an empty space.  Gabe LOVES the outdoors and has recently be interested in the "camping" thing.  I know it's hard to count on October weather, but the past 2 years have actually been HOT around his special day, so we are hoping for the best!  I'll have a back up plan just in case.  Here are just a few of my brainstorming ideas ...

::Fire pit is a MUST with hot dogs and s'mores
::Tents set up around the yard with different activities in each
::Camping lanterns hanging up around the yard and in trees
::Possible campout in tents with a few of his close buddies???  Maybe Dads too??  They may be too young for an overnight

this is as far as I have come ... definitely a work in progress!  I've started a Pinterest board :)


I can't believe my baby boy is going to be 3.  I still remember all the crazy events that happened the day he was born like it was yesterday ... there are no words 

ABBY'S 1st BIRTHDAY:
The girl LOVES Mickey Mouse!  She grins ear to ear when she even just hears the music!  SOOO, of course we have to do a Minnie Mouse theme!  It's a super easy theme, which I'm all about.  I'm thinking about having it in the same place we had Gabe's 1st birthday, a little pricey, but worth it.

::I want more of a "classic" Minnie, so I want to go with Red and Black for the colors
::Of course she will have to be dressed like Minnie Mouse, so I'm going to attempt to make her outfit ...
::Small smash cake for Abby, cupcakes for everyone else and maybe cake pops

ANNND that's it so far ...

I have sooooo many ideas floating around in my head for both parties ... Pinterest is going to be my best friend for the next several months!!


I certainly won't for get the events that took place on the day Abby was born either!  She didn't want to be left out, so she wanted to be sure to make it memorable for me




No comments:

Post a Comment