Thursday, October 25, 2012

9 Months!

Wow!  The months just continue to fly by despite my efforts to slow things down!  Abby is 9 months, and I have to say I love this stage she is in.  I love watching her learn new things!!  She is crawling all over the place, I think she has pretty much ditched the army crawl.  She pulls up on anything and a few times I've caught her standing with out holding on!  She is starting to cruise just a little, getting more brave everyday!  We are starting the transition to regular food, she loves everything she has tried so far ... pieces of bread, crackers, pasta, bananas, cheese, and yogurt.  I think that is all we have tried, but we are gearing up for the really good stuff!  She has cut out her early morning nursing session, for the most part.  When I work, we are weaning from bottles to a sippy cup!  She doesn't mind one bit, just gets a little messy.  I haven't found a cup I love yet, so if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears!  She has cut her 2 front teeth on top and is working on her incisors now.  She has 3 teeth on the bottom and soon to be more I'm sure.  She is waving, in her own little way ... she waves with her entire arm!  I noticed she started dancing, especially if she hears the Mickey Mouse theme song ... she moves her arms up and down really fast and bounces.  It's hilarious!  She is giving kisses.  She ever so gently leans in and puts her lips out, LOVE!  We have been going to the park a lot lately, and she has discovered the slide ... NO FEAR.  Crawls right up to it and goes down on her belly, smiles all the way down!  She also enjoys the swings and climbing up the steps.  She babbles more and more ... mostly dada and didi right now.  I'm patiently waiting for mama :)  She loves taking a bath.  When I go to turn the water on to warm up and then take her to get undressed, she throws a fit because she wants to take a bath so bad!  She tries her best to wiggle off her changing table.  If she did, I'm sure she would b line it to the bathroom.

Her 9 month visit:

Weight:  20 lbs  77th percentile
Length:  28 in    62nd percentile

Gabe had his 3 year visit at the same time:

Weight:  40.2 lbs  97th percentile
Length:  41 in       99th percentile

Because he has consistently been above the growth curve, our pediatrician is predicting him to be 6 ft 7 in or taller.  She says it is a pretty accurate prediction.  She said he is taller than the average 4 year old!








I'm hoping to take Abby's bunny pics today and also snap a few of Gabe ...

I couldn't resist taking some pictures of Abby at the park yesterday, it was beautiful out!!  I have too many favorites this round, so I posted quite a few.

















No comments:

Post a Comment