Thursday, October 11, 2012

THREE ...

That's right, our baby boy is THREE!  What a sweet kid.  Sweet, as in lovable ...  and sweet, as in so totally cool :)  Gabe is full of energy and is inquisitive.  He is the most loving, caring, big hearted three year old I know.  Always offering hugs & kisses, and I love you.  When out and about, he yells "Hi!" to perfect strangers and asks "What you doing?". When asked about his baby sister, he always replies "That's my Abby".  Definitely one of my favorites that he says!  He, no doubt, has a rough and tough side.  Not quick to cry, unless it really hurts (or he is super tired).  He loves fishing, riding his bike/tractor, pitch & catch, walking Hunter, pushing Abby in her stroller, watching Mickey & Imagination Movers, driving Daddy's car, drinking his milk out of Daddy's cup, going to church, and picking out his clothes to wear.  He asks for chocolate milk pretty much every day ... of course, he does NOT get it, but only as a special treat!  I guess he thinks it doesn't hurt to ask!  He has an amazing sense of direction when we are in the car and can tell you how to get to any park (which he recalls by the color of the slides).  His favorite is the "orange park", Washington Township Park.  His favorite foods are Mexican, pizza, and chicken.  He loves being read to, his favorites are Little Blue Truck, Mr. Brown Can Moo, ... really, there are too many to mention.  He enjoys anything to do with art and still LOVES music.  He plays his guitar daily, making up songs.  It's pretty cute, and he actually has some rhythm.  He is just one big ball of FUN!!  I could continue to go on and on, making the longest run on sentence/paragraph, but I guess I'll stop :)

Gabe, Happy Birthday!!!  We love you more than words can explain!!


We enjoyed a nice backyard, camping themed birthday party last weekend.  The weather was beautiful!!  A tad chilly when the sun went down, but perfect for the fire pit!  The kids had a blast, and I think the adults did too :)  Sadly, I only took a hand full of pictures.  I was too busy bouncing back and forth, in and out ... I just didn't pick up my camera.  Thank you to everyone for making his party special!  We love you all!  Everyone was so generous, giving him wonderful presents.  I can still see the joy on his face while opening gifts.  Too precious.
He got a scooter and helmet, a giant remote control truck, books, a few games, tons of art supplies, play clothes, a Cars racetrack, and his first sleeping bag & flash light.  He's in love with them all and has a hard time deciding what he wants to play with!  

 Chocolate cupcakes with Cookies & Cream Icing ...

 Fluffernutter Cupcakes ... mmm  Recipe from HERE




The kids decorated little bird houses in the tent we set up ... it was nice and warm in there! 

 Sweet little Ellie!


 Getting the fire started and waiting for everyone to arrive!

Hobo style gift bags


 Birthday Boy!


For his actual birthday, Adam picked out a tackle box similar to his and stocked it with all the goods.  Seriously, Gabe will sit in the driveway for an hour playing with the "wormies".  Gabe and I will be going to see the Imagination Movers next week, I'm sure he will love it!  A date with my little man ... I'm excited!
  
We had a great day on his birthday.  The weather was perfect!  He woke up in the morning to find the living room covered with streamers, which he thought was pretty cool.  Adam made him a nice glass of chocolate milk and hung out on the couch with him for a few before he had to head off to work. We went to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast and then spent a little time at Didi and Grumpy's before heading to the park for a picnic and playtime.  He chose the "orange park", his favorite!  I asked Gabe what he wanted for dinner on his birthday and he chose spaghetti.  Simple enough!  We invited family over for dinner and cake :)  Putting him to bed tonight, we read Happy Birthday To You by Dr. Seuss ... The first time he has EVER fallen asleep while reading a bedtime story.  So, so sweet.  Happy 3rd Birthday, Gabe!  We love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Emily- Gabe's party was adorabl! You are so crafty! He is so handsome! Mom of the year :) PS I picked some fabric :)

    ReplyDelete