My first day back to work was yesterday ... ugh. Thankfully I love my job and all the girls I work with or I would have really protested! Probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but we made it through. I prepped as much as could the night before ... packed my lunch, snacks, & pumping supplies, thawed my milk and made up all of Gabe's bottles, and laid out my scrubs. The next morning, I nursed Gabe at 4:30 then laid him in his bassinet while I got ready. My mom came over about 5:45 AM, at which time, Gabe woke up all happy with smiles and in turn ... the tears began to fall from my eyes. I pulled it together and left for work, on time I might add, and arrived in a complete daze. Made it to the unit and saw some of my friends and about lost it just by the sweet look on their faces. I won't complain, I had a nice day. Everyone was so supportive! I cried one more time that day, when I received these from my baby boy ...

How beautiful, thoughtful, and sweet! Totally made my day!
By the way, I only called my mom 3 times to check on him! Pretty good, I thought!
When I came home, Gabe was all smiles! Just melted my heart! I scooped him up and loved on him like crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment