#1: The hemangioma on his face ... it's getting bigger, and I guess it will continue to do so, but will fade around 12 months ... thankfully!
#2 Feedings & stools (which I won't go into too much detail about) ... He is now up to 10 lbs 12 oz! I can now strictly nurse him on my days off, but he still needs to receive 2 fortified bottles on the days I work. His reflux is somewhat better, but we are continuing his Zantac twice a day, mainly for his laryngomalacia. He may have a slight allergy to the proteins in cows milk, so I just need to limit my intake to 2 dairy servings a day ... bummer, but whatever is best for my little guy! We also have to continue his Poly vi sol until he is 4 months old, at which time we will switch to Vit D. Oh, and he can now go up to an 8 hour stretch at night, that is, if he will! Yay!
#3 Development ... although I'm a NICU nurse, I find it hard to accept that Gabe will not be meeting milestones at the same time a term baby would. I need to remember that Gabe is technically a 1 month old (not 3 months) and I need not to compare him to other babies his age! I know he will catch up sooner or later!!
Well, that is basically his appointment in a nut shell :)
Here are just a few random pics from the past week ...
Sweet little grin ...
to grumpy Gus!
His hands are seriously getting BIG!! They used to be so teeny tiny!
Love, love, love his feet!
I LOVE HIM!!! Emily he is so precious and please don't worry about his milestones. You know I worry about that stuff all the time and it's so stupid. My little guy still has no teeth, won't drink from a sippy cup unless you hold it for him or a bottle at that matter, won't crawl, can't stand on his own, and sucked at breastfeeding BUT he does laugh, talks, a LOT, plays independently, sleeps through the night, eats WELL, and LOVES ME!!! That's all that really matters. It's so hard to look at the other side of it. You know I am still struggling with this too, but Gabe is a super baby. He has done SO well from the beginning. I am so proud of you and Adam you both are amazing parents and Gabe is so lucky to have both of you. I can't wait to watch him GROW, GROW, and GROW!!! Love ya Em!
ReplyDeleteEm he is just soooo adorable!! i love his sweet blonde hair and kissable cheeks! love you guys, and you are SUCH a good mommy to Gabriel! he's a blessed little baby!
ReplyDelete