Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Look at How Far We Have Come ...

I was watching some of the videos we took of Gabe in the NICU ... The tears started falling and all the emotions came flooding back. Leaving him behind the first night, how we both broke down crying on the way home. And the pain of leaving him every consecutive night for 4 weeks. The excitement of getting to see him in the morning and feeling like we couldn't get to the hospital fast enough. Feeling so proud of him for all the accomplishments he made each day. Watching the videos of him at home, in the evenings on the big screen, crying, aching to just hold him in my arms. Thanking God, every day and night, for his strength and health ... Knowing how blessed we were that he wasn't sick like some of the other babies were ... Praying for those babies and families that were struggling.

I don't know how some of the families make it through. NICU journeys don't always end happily like ours. My heart aches for them. I continue to praise God for our sweet little miracle ... Oh, how He has blessed our lives!!



Day 3 of Life


Day 7 of Life


Day 16 of Life


Day 20 of Life


Day 26 of Life


6 Months! ... last video, I promise!

Gabe is doing really well with his baby food. I was hoping to make his food, but I really don't have the time or energy ... so we chose to do organic baby food. Close enough, right?


Gabe is still wearing 3-6 month Jammies & Onesies, just barely!


Hangin' with Nanny D & Grumpy!




2 comments:

  1. oh Em thank you so much for posting this reflection. i can't believe the night you had Gabriel was already six months ago! our God is just so strong and i'm just so thankful that you and Adam are watching him grow into such a strong handsome boy! i remember sitting at work watching your videos and watching him grow so slowly (not violating the internet code...oops!) and even getting to see him the night he was born. your family is such a blessing to me. i love you guys! happy six month birthday, Gabers!!

    ReplyDelete