Saturday, May 22, 2010

7 Months!

I know I say this every month, but I can't believe how much Gabe changes with each new day! He is evolving right before our eyes into a little boy and quickly leaving his babyhood behind (tear)! I know I'm jumping ahead slightly, but in what seems like the blink of an eye he will be turning one! I remember the days of holding him easily in one arm and multi tasking with the other ... oh how the times have changed! I'm going to have arms of steel before too long ... Gabe weighs a whopping 18 lbs 10 oz!!
He is doing so many new things it is getting more difficult to keep track, but I'm trying my best to write down everything in his little journal that we created.

Here are just a few highlights:
::he is doing GREAT with his food! We are in stage 2 and have hopes to skip right over the stage 3 to table food (per pediatrician recommendations) I don't think we have come across anything he doesn't like. He does tend to favor the veggies, though!
::he is sitting up much better on his own, but will still occasionally fall over ... oops! when he is on his belly, he kind of rocks which inches him forward or backward, depending on what his legs are doing ... too cute! every once in a while he will get his legs under him, but plants his face on the floor. He will get it soon enough, we aren't in any hurry to start chasing after him!
::he reaches out his arms to be picked up or transferred from one person to the next, which I just LOVE!
::constantly smiling, laughing, babbling
::still adores his books and intently listens to his stories now. every once in a while, when he is in my lap and I'm reading to him, he will turn to look at me and just smiles so big! he likes to pound on the books a lot too, and loves to turn the pages.
::he watches Hunter, smiles at him, grabs his fur, looks for him when he hears him make noises. I can just tell they will be best buddies some day!
::he FINALLY figured out how to jump in his Johnny Jumper, pretty hilarious to watch!

I can't say this enough ... we have been blessed with the sweetest baby. He is just a pure joy and our hearts swell with love for him!




I adore his eyelashes




Mom, what is this green stuff?


His first time in a swing ... he really enjoyed it!



After posting these pics, I realized I never posted the pics that my friend Brooke took of Gabe at 6 months ... those are to come!

1 comment:

  1. em i LOVE your pictures of Gabe with his letter G. you're so creative in including it in all his milestone pictures. don't blink or you'll be taking his graduation picture holding it. :) you are such a sweet mama and Gabriel is so blessed that God picked you and Adam as his family. i love you!

    ReplyDelete