Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Milestone and other updates

Well, we have reached a milestone in this pregnancy!  I am now over 32 weeks and 3 days ... the gestation I delivered Gabe.  I have now entered unfamiliar territory, and I'm slightly nervous ... I have no idea what to expect.  How will I feel, how much more uncomfortable can I get, how BIG is this baby girl going to be ??? and so on and so forth.  I am very grateful I have made it this far and continue to pray she will keep cooking :)  Sooooo, another week of strict bed rest and then hopefully the restriction will lighten some and I can get a few things done!  I am hoping to return to work around 36 weeks if my OB will agree :)

As far as the nursery goes, it is still a work in progress!  Adam just finished demoing the closet and we should receive our new closet system on Monday ... I can't wait to start organizing :)  My dad is getting ready to start painting the crib.  I ordered most of the fabric I will need to make the bedding and such.  I'm hoping to be able to make a trip to Ikea for a few things ... if I have to be pushed around in a wheel chair, so be it!!  So, those are the plans ... I'll try to post some pics of the design I have in my head :)



THE FABRIC 



THE QUILT


I downloaded the quilt design from Oh, Fransson!.  You have to check out her site, AWESOME!  I'm looking forward to making this ... I'll let you know how it goes, LOL.  I'll be using all the different fabrics from above, plus a couple more.

THE CRIB RAIL PROTECTOR ... NO BUMPER HERE!!


So, instead of a bumper pad, I am going to make a crib rail protector similar to this one I found on Etsy.  I felt the bumper was such a waste with Gabe, and yes, technically illegal.  I thought it would at least give the room a little flare :)


This is the fabric I will use for the crib rail protector along with the orange dot fabric for the ties.

I am making the dust ruffle, plain and simple, using the orange dot fabric.

IKEA
Oh, my shopping list ... sigh!  I really, really hope I can make this trip ... If not, someone will HAVE to go for me!  Here is my short list :) ...


I haven't decided which ceiling light I want to get ... I'm leaning towards the one above, but I think I'll just have to see them in person to make the final decision!  Which do you like best???

These frames will be for the 10, 5x7 wall cards we bought from Oompa pictured below.  We chose German because of Adam's German heritage :)  Check out the main site for these cards ... really adorable things!!  www.childreninspiredesign.com
The curtains are very plain, so I am going to add a 3-4 inch strip of the orange dot fabric from top to bottom on the inner sides.


Well, hopefully you can piece this mess together in your head like I did ... we will see how it turns out :)  Feel free to give me advice and ideas!!




1 comment:

  1. Love the fabrics. I want that first light for Lily's room remodel, but I think in person it might be kind of large. I love the idea of a crib rail protector. I have not seen that before. Super cute. Your so stinking crafty. Will you please teach me to sew at some point?

    ReplyDelete