Well, we made it to term! Praise God! Over Christmas, I wasn't feeling like myself ... seeing stars, dizzy, headaches. I was able to check my blood pressure which ended up being high, for me. At my 36 week appointment I had some labs drawn to check for preeclampsia, which ended up coming back with just a few things out of whack. No going back to work for me, unfortunately. My blood pressure was elevated at my appointment yesterday so I am completing my 24 hr urine today and will have more labs drawn this afternoon. I am now starting to swell, which brought a significant weight gain over the past 2 1/2 weeks, so my OB wants me to continue to take it easy until we know more from my labs, hopefully by Thursday. I was 2 cm when she checked me yesterday, so we are slowly making progress :) I have been having contractions and cramping on and off, nothing consistent until last night. I was having belly tightening about every 3 1/2 minutes or so for several hours. I was finally able to fall asleep for a while, and woke up with more cramping than normal. This morning, I continue to contract, what seems like quite regularly, along with cramping. Who knows, it is probably nothing! Maybe braxton hicks???? I really have NO idea! I am definitely feeling more uncomfortable though, so hopefully it is the start of something!
We are still trying to wrap up a few things before this little one comes, but for the most part I think we are ready!
My best buddy, Shelly, was able to take some maternity pictures for me! I could've strangled the weather man ... we took these pictures this past Sat, which was supposed to be fully sunny by the afternoon and in the mid 40s. Adam, Gabe, and I ventured downtown to the canal to meet Shelly ... we got out of the car and about blew over! oh, and there was NO chance the sun was going to come out!! By the time we found Shells, we were all freezing ... Gabe didn't seem to care, but thought we better reschedule the family shoot and just let mama suffer it out! So, Shelly so graciously froze her butt off for me ... we just HAD to get maternity pictures done this time!! She took hundreds of pictures!! She was able to edit and send me just a portion so far, but I will post a couple of my favorites until I see the rest! Thank you so much, Shelly! It means so much to me to have these to look back on!
It's so good to hear from you!! I pray everything goes well with your delivery....& that it's soooooooon!! You look amazing :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful! These are really good. Love it.
ReplyDelete