38 Week update:
We are now 38 weeks! I can't believe it! Looking back at all the emotions we had while I was admitted to high risk at 30 1/2 weeks with the nurse telling my husband ... "your baby is coming tonight" ... just goes to show how good God is. Trust in Him, all things are possible with God! I am amazed, grateful, ecstatic, and just in complete aw of His work! Thank you to all for the continued prayers!
I started contracting about every 3 minutes or so early this past Saturday morning ... I thought for sure this is it! I waited until late in the afternoon to call, just to be sure LOL Sure enough, we got to triage around 1700 and I was contracting and had made a little progress. They had me walk around for a bit and rechecked me ... a little more progress! I was admitted and instructed to just keep moving, so that is what we did. In triage, I rated my pain as a 3 or 4 ... by the time I was admitted (around 19:30 or so) I rated it a 5 or 6. They started my IV and my antibiotics and we thought we were on our way! ... The nurse checked me at 2200 and I was 3 cm and 80 % effaced. I was starting to feel exhausted because I had been up since 4 AM, so I walked a little more and decided I better try to rest. Well, through the night I was up walking a few more times, but my contractions fizzled out. The on call OB came in around 8 AM and checked me and I hadn't progressed much more ... so HOME we were sent. She didn't want to do anything to induce my labor because I was still in my 37th week, which I totally understand the reasoning behind that!
So, here we are. Still having contractions on and off. I had an OB appt yesterday and was 3-4 cm and the baby had dropped more. My OB wants me back on Friday and said she would "stir up trouble" if I haven't gone into full blown labor yet. I'm trying to wait patiently, fairly uncomfortable ... but so grateful to be where I am!


No comments:
Post a Comment