Sunday, January 27, 2013

Minnie Mouse 1st Birthday Parties

That's right, plural ... PARTIES.  My original thought was that I would save money ... LOL.  I thought having a nice, small, family party at my mom and dad's house and a play date party at mine was the perfect plan!  Although the parties were pretty much "perfect", I doubt it saved us much money :)  I wanted them to be special.  I know Abby won't remember them, but I want to be able to TELL her and SHOW her how wonderfully special they were just for HER!  Silly, I know.  But, all the money, planning, and stress to put it all together was worth it to me.  I couldn't have done it with out the help of my momma ... THANK YOU!!!  A million times, THANK YOU!

I think Abby and the other kiddos enjoyed themselves.  At her family party, we had a simple menu ... my mom's mini ham sandwiches, veggies, deviled eggs, marinated pretzels, and fruit salad.  I made Minnie Mouse rice krispie treats and Minnie Mouse Carmel Chocolate Apples.  Of course, we had to have cupcakes!  Strawberry cake layered on top of chocolate brownie with vanilla icing.  Neapolitan :) Abby had her own little smash cake with pink icing.  She seemed to enjoy her cake for the first few bites and then she pretty much just played in it.  Always a delight to clean up :)  Abby sat back in her new chair while the other kids unwrapped her presents.  She didn't seem to care!

Guests:  Mommy, Daddy, Gabe, DeeDee, Grumpy, Oma, Opa, Auntie Kerri, Uncle Garry, Brinn, Ryan, Auntie Karey, Uncle Jon, and Cooper.  She received lots of wonderful gifts (THANK YOU EVERYONE!) ... new shoes, lots of clothes, books, a Minnie Mouse kitchen, girlie blocks, an owl piggie bank, a night light, a baby doll, and a Leap Frog piano

Her play date party was a blast as well!  I reused the decorations from the first party (YAY!).  I made more Minnie Mouse apples (so much easier this time around ... I learned a lot from the 1st batch!) but used oreos for the ears, instead of marshmallows.  I made basic cupcakes with pink icing, and another little smash cake for Abby.  The menu was brunch related:  An egg bake (that I will never make again LOL), berry smoothies, frozen chocolate dipped bananas, and my mom's Butterscotch Pecan Rolls.

Guests:  Auntie Shelly, Layton, Colton, Auntie Alex, Ellie, Auntie Natale, Letti, DeeDee, Gabe, & Mommy.  Unfortunately, Auntie Laci & Callie were sick.  Auntie Megs and Lucy, well, they just live too far away!!  :(  I told everyone, NO gifts.  Did they listen?  Of course not.  THANK YOU EVERYONE for the sweet, thoughtful gifts!  More great clothes, her first pair of Ugg boots (can you guess who bought those??), instruments, books, a baby doll with a medical kit, and a sweet Minnie Mouse!

Happy Birthday Abby girl!!!

My sweet, handsome boy



FAMILY PARTY!!




Some of our favorite monthly pictures of our sweet pea




Auntie Kerri helping with her ears ... 
Abby loved looking in the mirror!


One of my favorites

Big Birthday Girl!

I finally removed that lame tag after several photos ... "DUH" moment!

Her diaper cover had a cupcake on it with one 1 candle if you can't tell :)

Mmm, what's this called again??

Mean muggin ...


... annnnd done!


PLAY DATE PARTY!!

These turned out way better than the first ones!


This thing was a labor of love for sure!  Hours, upon hours ... I never would have started it if I knew it would have taken as long as it did.  Once I started, I couldn't just give up.  So happy I finished it!  ... Now what do I do with it?? LOL





A BIG thanks to Natale for grabbing my camera and snapping these next photos ... I LOVE them!!  Great work!! :)




Yay!! Saying "all done" and thank you!

Next up ... a recap of her monthly Bunny pictures!  I need to take her last one :(


No comments:

Post a Comment